The server WILL be offline for between 12 and 48 hours starting on the 28th of May. Read the whole post below for details.
Since the launch of impulse we’ve had issues with crashes and instability on our game servers. This is due to a hardware fault on our dedicated server. We currently operate a fairly powerful dedicated server but it was clear to fix the stability problems we’d have to make significant upgrades. This is why we are switiching over our services to a new dedicated server on the 28th of May 2020. None of your data, XP or items will be lost or reset. All progress will be moved over.
What does this mean
This new server will allow us to provide a more stable service, at an increased cost (reflected in our service running cost increase on the panel). Take a look at the bullet points below to see the improvements:
- Far less server crashes (we’ve got a faster CPU, 4x the ram and double the ram speed)
- Increased DDoS protection
- Better ping (we are currently based in France, our new server will be in London (UK), this will provide better ping for our primarily American/British playerbase)
- Increased bandwidth (our current system has a up/down bandwidth of 100Mbps, we’re upgrading to 1Gbps)
- Room for expansion (our new server will provide us with more than enough resources to push the boundary and expand into other areas of Half-Life 2 Roleplay)
When are we switching
We’ll be switching on the 28th of May 2020. The server will be down for between 6 and 48 hours to perform the switchover. No data will be lost. However, you may not see the server in your History tab, so to be sure, follow the steps below to connect.
Open your console and type
Apologies for any inconveience in advance caused by this downtime, however it is vital to ensure we provide a stable experience to our players. Donators will have their subscriptions extended automatically if the switchover downtime lasts for more than 12 hours.